Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Tomorrow.

Today was one of those days. One of those days that I didn't teach - at all. I spent the day scrambling to meetings, fretting over my neediest kids, swallowing anger at parents, and brainstorming ways to make these kids' lives just a little bit better. What about the kids in my room you ask? They were trapped with a substitute IA who preferred yelling to talking and who repeatedly asked for breaks. "Do you mind if I go get a drink? Do you mind if I go use the bathroom?" Well, yes I do. You see -- I do those things when I don't have kids in the room. I'm just taking out my frustration on easy targets.

Tomorrow is a new day. Tomorrow we will have a great day. Tomorrow there aren't any meetings. Tomorrow I get to teach. I can't wait for tomorrow.

No comments: