Thursday, March 6, 2008

It's been on my mind...

My kids and I had a rough day yesterday... not all day, and not every kid. Three kids actually. One of those three kids got yelled at. I mean really yelled at. Finger in the face, "YOU WILL NOT BEHAVE LIKE THAT IN THIS CLASSROOM" yell. After I did it I felt bad - and not really bad that I told this child what I did, but I didn't need to scream. Totally lost my cool. Ugh.

I began thinking... how often do I do this? I don't think I full-out yell too often at all, but I am a loud person and how often does it sound like I am yelling at my kids? "Friends, we will not be going to lunch until you show me that you're ready." Does this come out like a yell? Or like the-teacher-is-just-being-her-loud-self. I do work very hard to have a measured and soft voice as much as possible but well, I'm loud. Maybe I'll tape myself for an entire day (that could be scary) and see what I truly look and sound like.

1 comment:

Snippety Gibbet said...

That's not a bad idea. Taping yourself. But be prepared!!!! I was shocked to find that I was so...ODD! jan