Thursday, March 27, 2008

Meme: Passion Quilt

I was memed by Organized Chaos for this passion quilt and I have to say I don't even quite understand what "meme" means but I gather I am to post a picture that encapsulates what I am most passionate about for my kiddos. Well, that's easy. I am most passionate about my kids learning independence. They come into my room seemingly without the ability to do anything on their own. Tie their shoes, use the bathroom, read a book, write their name, put things away... you name it, they need help. My goal has always been to help these little beings function on their own. I want them to learn how to solve their problems without the help of an adult. I want them to feel powerful and in control of their own day. Obviously I am here to help and guide and love them... but I want them to lead their own way.

I had a hard time finding the perfect picture, so I picked this one. This student is entertaining himself without the assistance of any teacher and he is in charge of himself and his space. Independence rules!


I am supposed to link this to 5 other people in my professional learning network but everyone, except one, seems to have been bit! So... here you go!

I meme:
PLCweb

Passion Quilt Meme RulesPost a picture from a source like FlickrCC or Flickr Creative Commons or make/take your own that captures what YOU are most passionate about for kids to learn about…and give your picture a short title.Title your blog post “Meme: Passion Quilt” and link back to this blog entry.Include links to 5 folks in your professional learning network or whom you follow on Twitter/Pownce

2 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

I must say that your "babies" have come a loooooooooong, long way this year. I mean a LoNg LONG way. Good job, well done, my friend.

splatypus said...

You think so?! You just planted a smile right on my face!