Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Toilets

The toilet in my classroom became possessed today. When it's possessed, it continually flushes itself and, as you can imagine, it's loud and terrifying for a 6 year old, as well as distracting for a room full of 6 year olds.

Mind you, this has happened before and stopped on it's own after a few minutes so I wasn't too concerned. Today it didn't stop. The flushing went on for 20 minutes and because of the said flushing, we had a 15 minute discussion about toilets.

Turns out many of my children have plumbing problems at home.

I really could use that 15 minutes of my life back.

2 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

A teachable moment about plumbing. I'm sure that you were meeting the needs of the multiple intelligences in the crowd. = )

organized chaos said...

you've been memed: http://welcometoorganizedchaos.blogspot.com/2008/03/meme-passion-quilt.html


sorry about the toilet!