Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Birds and the Bees

Do you remember this little ditty?

Matt and Lisa sitting in a tree,
K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
First come love,
Then comes marriage,
Then comes Abby in a baby carriage.

WELL. This is what transpired at lunch today:

"Bobby" and "Julia" sitting in a tree,
Having sex.

Ummmm.... great.... that was a fun whole class discussion. "We don't talk about what moms and dads do here in Kindergarten. If your friend is talking about IT, don't tell another friend, just come and tell me."

I also spoke to the accused ring leader of the sex talk. By the way, this child is one of my sweetest, most adorable little kiddos who work very hard. He was terrified and after I assured him he wasn't in trouble I tried to find out if he was watching it live, watching it on TV, or talking about it with bigger kids. He gave me nothing. "I came up with it in my brain." Ah yes, of course. I reiterated that we don't talk about sex (I used the word with him because it's his new favorite) in school unless he is worried about something and needs to talk. Then he comes to me. Not to his pals.

Oy vey.

No comments: