Wednesday, April 23, 2008

This should not have amused me... but it did.

While I was part of a planning day yesterday it seems that my lovies wreaked havoc on the less-than-capable substitute, my very capable IA as well as our P.E. teacher. I was horrified. Absolutely horrified. We had a class meeting first thing this morning and I let them know how unhappy I was. They were silent until one kiddo piped up with "we're sorry." Um, yes you are my kiddos. The punishment? For the kids who managed to stay on a green card they lost half of their recess. The kids that were on yellow and (gasp!) orange, they lost their entire recess. The latter half were all boys (surprise, surprise).

I walked out on to the playground at the beginning of recess and had to hide my smile at the pathetic display. 21 kiddos sitting side by side on the railroad tie looking very glum while their peers were having a grand ol' time on the playground. After 10 minutes, we released the better-behaved children and moved the posse of substitute-abusers to the wall. 3 feet between each of them, standing up, no talking, no moving. They hated it.

I will be out of the room for two days next week so that will be the test.

Bwahahaha.

1 comment:

Snippety Gibbet said...

I got pawwed by them this afternoon. (See my post.....)