Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Final Countdown

There are 13 more school days left, and yes, I am counting down. I have loved my first year teaching and all the ups and downs that went along with it.

But I am done.

I am burned out.

I am struggling to come up with new lessons and ideas even though I still have 13 days of teaching left. But 13 days is a lot! We can get a lot done in 13 days! There is lots of learning to be done in 13 days! (Do you see I am trying to psyche myself up?!)

It's not working.

At least I have the Kindergarten picnic and Field Day to chop 2 of those days off. So I really have 11 days. And actually, 3 of those days are our half day Mondays so I guess I have 10 1/2 days left.

I can deal with 10 1/2. I can make 10 1/2 days of learning! It will be fun! It will be exciting! We can do it! We will do it! Ra ra sis boom ba!

1 comment:

kiri8 said...

I'm feeling the same thing, only I have nine days left. My brain seems to have taken off somewhere and left the rest of me behind, and I feel so spacey and under-water. My allergies are acting up, as are my migraines, and other teachers are putting pressure on me in my role as mentor. My preschoolers, however, are being great. So maybe I'll just focus on that.