When I told the gift giver how much I loved it he responded with, "you're a good mom so I got you a balloon."
Well, again, not a mom in the technical sense, but, I suppose, in the non-technical sense, I am very mom-like to these little ones. Every once in awhile one of them will slip and call me mom - and after I cringe on the inside, I firmly remind them that I am NOT their mother. I can however, see the confusion when I am often saying things like:
- "Please chew with your mouth closed."
- "Please wash your hands."
- "Your paper-cut will be okay."
- "Please take your hand out of your pants."
- "Blow... blow harder... that's better. Now go wash your hands."
- "Chocolate is not a healthy snack. Ever."
The list could go on and on... Happy almost-Mother's Day to all the actual moms out there!