Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I HEART the Smart Board

The kiddos are out the door and there are 9 days left of school. It's obvious from the posts that I am counting but our classroom just got a jolt of excitement. We have a Smart Board and boy are we excited!

I used the Smart Board extensively in 4th and 2nd grade but when I came to Kindergarten I wasn't sure how to utilize it, so I didn't ask for one until the end of the year. Now I am using it all the time. Attendance, morning message, math lessons galore, and upcoming science lessons! So fun! Not to mention the fine-motor benefits. This is exactly the shot in the arm I needed to get through the last days of school.

Sure... we've had our kinder-issues. Please don't make shadow puppets. Please don't touch the projector. Please listen when I show you how to use the pens. And sure, the "please" has been dropped off after frequent reminders, but all in all, it's a huge hit. I want to encourage any Kindergarten Smart Board skeptics to get one, and USE IT. It's awesome.

4 comments:

kiri8 said...

Oh man, I'm jealous. I wish WE had a smart board! The K teacher in the room next door has one and it is so cool.

We have a video data projector, though, and it's fun to pull down the screen and visit preschool-friendly internet sites, like the gorilla cam at the National Zoo.

Erin said...

I am new to the whole SMART board wave and I am teaching a new Kindergarten class this fall that has a state of the art one in the room. Can you give me any tips, tricks, or websites that I can use to get me started?

Anonymous said...

I have been using and now teaching peers how to use the SMARTBoard. The best site to begin with is smarttech.com There are tutorials, quick references, etc. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!