Tuesday, June 10, 2008

You're Not Fat...

It's been an eventful day... I told my principal that I was pregnant and then told my team and then the news spread like wildfire. It was wonderful because keeping it quiet was difficult. But I digress to the point of this post. A couple of my kiddos overheard me talking with another teacher about the news.

Kid #1: "Are you going to have a baby?"

Me: "Yes, I am."

Kid #1: "Where is it? When can I see it?"

Me: "It's right here, but you can't see it this year. Next year when you're in first grade you'll see it. It's still growing"

Kid #2: "You're not having a baby. You're not fat."

Okay then! Kid #2 obviously hasn't noticed my grilled cheese and tuna noodle fat... I look forward to a new batch of curious kiddos, although if anyone has advice on "how did you get that baby?" question from 5 year olds, I'd love to hear it.

2 comments:

organized chaos said...

hehe! I'm excited your class knows. Congratulations!! I'm SO excited for you!

Snippety Gibbet said...

Oooooh, congrats!!! The news hadn't made it to the upper floor, obviously.