Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Them and Me

Admittedly, I flipped out over nothing when I ranted about being alone for Writing Workshop. One day alone will be okay -- but I have been trying to fit in some Social Studies after recess during my I.A.'s lunch break. M-i-s-t-a-k-e. This is the time for Quiet Story Time, not small group work on All About Me books. Kindergartners are expected to know their last name, home address, phone number, and birthday. So we are making our own books. This isn't easy, trust me. At any rate, this is not a project for this point in the year so I am pushing it off and I am learning my lesson that 18 5 year olds are not yet ready to work independently as a whole group just yet. Small groups of 4 or 5 - yes. 18? No way.

Back to Quiet Story Time - it's my favorite anyway.

1 comment:

Andy and Jenni said...

I MISS YOU AND ALL OF YOUR SCHOOL STORIES!

Call when you get a chance, I'd love to catch up :)