Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Do what I say...

We are on our 35th day of Kindergarten and while my kiddos can walk in a line remarkably well (better than most of the upper grades I may boast), they still need reminders about staying on the silver line, keeping their hands behind their backs (ducktails) and keeping their eyes forward. To dole out these reminders I tend to walk backward for most of the trip. It's the sign of a Kindergarten teacher... we walk backward really well.

Today there seemed to be a rash of kiddos turning around and then proceeding to bump into the person in front of them. After 4 reminders in a row, I launched into a mini-lecture about why we need to look forward. Just as I finished with the warning of, "it's just not safe to walk with your head turned around," I tripped over a chair left in the hallway. Newman. There was no way to save that one other than saying, "See?!"

5 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

Ooooooooh, I hate when that stuff happens.

ChiTown Girl said...

Ow! You poor baby. Don't you just hate it when that happens? I hope you didn't hurt yourself.

Anonymous said...

Does your administration know about this blog?

splatypus said...

Anonymous -- I'm not really sure. I've never asked.

Lynnie said...

I taught Kindergarten for a couple years before staying home with my two daughters, and your blog TOTALLY brings me back to those hilarious days! You've done a great job chronicling the true Kindergarten experience! I remember with pride my 20 minute lesson on How to Tuck in Your Shirt. Thanks for the laugh!