Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hips loosen?!

When I found out I was pregnant I decided to keep it somewhat separate from this blog -- not a secret by any means, but my blog is about my room and my kiddos, not my personal life. For the past 22 weeks, this hasn't been much of a problem. Now, on days like today, the only thing I can think about are my hip joints that are rumored to be loosening (really?!) and my aching back.

19 Kindergarteners and my wackadoodle body is not a good mix right now. I hope that in a few days I will acclimate to this because the idea of being in this mood until Christmas break is really depressing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah - your joints and ligaments get soft and loose- like you're an old lady for a few months. and sorry but the aching continues. Do a lot of stretches to help. but you're going to have a BABY at the end of this!!

~erin

kiri8 said...

I remember being pregnant and having terrible morning sickness. My kindergartners would come up to me in the morning and say, "Mrs. X, how many times did you throw up today?" and I'd say, "three," and then run out of the room, and then amend it to, "four." They thought the whole thing was funny and fascinating.

How are your students handling it? Have they noticed? Are they curious?

I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable. I bet getting in and out of those tiny chairs is a real joy.

splatypus said...

Kiri8... my kids from last year are very aware and ask me daily about the baby. They've given me predictions, belly rubs, and one demands - daily - "when is your baby coming?!"

The kiddos from this year - not so much. I'm certainly pregnant, and certinaly bigger than the beginning of school, but there hasn't been one question.

Erin is right though, I will have a baby at the end of this. I'll survive those little chairs... those flippin' little chairs.