Monday, October 6, 2008

Aaahhhhhhh....

The rewards of an 11-month calendar are paying off right now. I just hit my third trimester, I need a little break, and here I am faced with two glorious weeks off. I do have a to-do list (come on, of course I do) but it's reasonable and manageable.

I hope my kiddos do okay on their first day of Intersession*. Some of them will be fine, but I know some of them won't know what hit them.

* for those of you that are not familiar, Intersession is a one to two week period at the end of every quarter, usually in October, January and March/April, during which students are able to take classes that are interactive, creative, and fun! If students opt to go to Intersessions, they pay a nominal fee to participate in classes such as dance, arts and crafts, cooking, storytelling, newspaper writing, or astronomy! Classes providing extra help in reading, writing and math are also available. (In full disclosure, I took these words from our website, they're not mine!)

4 comments:

MemoryMaker said...

Awesome. I want to go to intersession. For some reason when I read that I heard in my head interceding.... that is a whole different ball game. I probably could use that too! Have a great day!

Jpm said...

I teach kindergarten at a child care center. They see me for1/2 the day and then go to "real school " for the other 1/2 . I need some therapy too can I add you to my list of blogs I read everyday?

I write a blog but well if you visit you will see.

Jpm said...

just started reading some of your other posts. I hope my blog doesn't upset you. It wasn't meant to

Teeth Whitening Gel said...

You guys do a wonderful job! Keep up the good work.