Well. This time I did get my kids back, but after two weeks of relaxation bliss. My kids who had different (or non-existent) rules and routines for two weeks.
Holy comoly. Who are these children and what have you done with mine?!
I've literally been pulling my hair out this week whipping them back into shape. It's been like boot camp for Kindergarten (sounds fun huh?) Here is a sampling of the dialogue you might have heard in my room this week:
- "Please sit down. Please sit down. Please... sit.... down... HEY! YOU! SIT DOWN!"
- "Friends... (deep breath)... it's so very important for you to look at me when I am talking. Please do not make funny faces at your friend while we are learning...(deep breath)."
- "Please take that out of your mouth."
- "Seriously, don't put it on your mouth."
- "Are you a doggie that needs a chew toy?" (I know, this was mean).
- "Excuse me? Did you really just do that?!"
- "This is your last chance. If you behave the same way, you lose recess. The WHOLE recess."
Gah, I've been Viola Swamp. TGIalmostF.