Thursday, October 2, 2008

Validation

So I have always admitted that I am slightly OCD... I haven't been professionally diagnosed, and don't want to insult true OCDers... but it's clear that my desire for order and neatness is sometimes debilitating (just ask my husband).

I often joke about how it is I got into teaching Kindergarten being OCD... neatness can be a struggle... order can be a struggle... constant rules and routines can be a struggle.

But, neatness, rules, order and routine are also an asset in a room of 20 five year olds. That's my theory and I'm sticking to it.

I just met with a parent who gushed over how wonderful she thinks I am based solely on what I send home and how it looks. "You are so organized and everything is so clear. I love opening my child's folder and finding out what is going on in the classroom. You are the best teacher any of my children have had."

Now, I know I'm not the best... there are some kids who don't benefit from my OCD, but I can tell you that I felt AWESOME.

Can I get a sticker for doing a good job?

3 comments:

MemoryMaker said...

YEAH! Here 's your sticker!!!!!

splatypus said...

Thanks :)

missteachercasey said...

I think I speak for more than myself when I say that some of us can only dream of and hope to be so organized!! :)