Friday, March 20, 2009

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Hello hello hello!

Today was my first day back, but in reality it was just a dry-run. Today was the last day before a 3 week break. It gave me the opportunity to test out a) getting out of the house at 6:40 a.m. with a 3 month old infant; b) discover and experience the "joy" of pumping at school; and c) learning how to love my job but miss spending the day with my son all at the same time. So here goes...

THE GOOD: my kids nearly peed themselves with excitement that I was back. That felt good. They also made a HUGE sign that was hung across the windows that welcomed me back. That also felt good. I received many many "welcome backs" from my colleagues and that really felt good. There was lots of good today.

THE BAD: two of my kiddos that drove me nuts before I left drove me nuts today. They tattle, they bait other kids, they whine and they accomplish NOTHING. Good gravy. Seriously you two? Really? You still can't function in a classroom? Eye roll.

THE UGLY: attaching a breast pump to myself two times during the day and a confirmed case of scabies in the neighboring classroom. I think those speak for themselves.

I have 3 weeks to digest this. I'll be back in full force mid-April hopefully with lots of good, little bad, and the reality is there will always be the ugly. That's what makes this fun to read right?

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Aw, congratulations!! It's not going to be easy in the beginning, but you'll figure it all out. Hang in there! :)

kiri8 said...

Wait, wait, wait, you forgot the most important news:

HOW IS THE BABY?

And welcome back!!!!