Thursday, April 23, 2009

Holy Spring Fever Batman (or should I say Ben 10?)

My children have seriously lost their minds. I have spent the past four days channeling Viola Swamp, which is funny because for the 2nd week in a row I have put a Miss Nelson book in the listening center. They WON'T STOP TALKING, or poking, or whining, or tattling, or doing EXACTLY what I have asked them NOT TO DO.

All of sudden my little angels are bringing candy to school (always been a no-no). They're bringing toys to school (another no-no) AND WHAT IS UP WITH THESE BAKUGAN THINGS? My boys are obsessed with them and now I have a collection of them. I hate them.

The classroom management plan and my normal routine of positive praise seems pointless so I tried reasoning with them, "Isn't it more fun in here if I am not yelling?" I tried mild threats, "The first grade teachers will not allow this kind of behavior, I'm not sure you guys are READY for first grade!" I have tried the supersonic, bug eyed, "SSSSSHHHHHHH!" I have tried taking away fun things (my least favorite form of punishment). Nothing. Nada.

My wonderful Instructional Assistant and I feel that we haven't ever seen them like this. At the end of the day we look at each other with that "WTF?!" look on our faces.

TGI-almost-F.

4 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

All of my K classes this week have been goofy. I've been shocked at the ones who have made it to time out. There were the "usual suspects" but also the ones who usually don halos and wings.

jan said...

I could have written this ! I copied it to show to my assistant. I never count days, but today I counted how many to the last day-36 . I can't wait.

Katie said...

OHHHHH those bakugun things are CRAZY insane at my school.....

spring fever has hit bad...I have 29 days....

Angela said...

You know, my kids were fine on Monday and Tuesday, but these last three days have been torture. It's just the way you described--and I teach THIRD grade. :-)