We learned about patterns of thinking.
Unlike my colleague Organized Chaos who will undoubtedly provide us with a very in depth and interesting reflection (she always says it best), I really only have a few things to say:
- What an eye opening idea, yet one that seems so "duh."
- This workshop was one of the very few where I felt like I was respected as a teacher as opposed to being told that what I am doing is ineffective and here is a brand new way to do things! And it requires a lot more time!
- I am going to love this approach.
- My kids are going to love this approach.
- The Think Blocks are interesting, but I'm not sure I want/need them right away. I'm much more wedded to the questioning.
Stay tuned to see if a) I actually begin to implement this* and b) what the results seem to be.
*I'm really on board so this is very likely to occur!