Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bunched Undies

While I was growing bigger and bigger by the minute, I had to take a class hosted by our school district to become certified to administer a reading test. I dutifully attended each long evening class, missing only one for a doctor's appointment. I listened, I took notes, and I felt that I understood how to administer this test.

2 weeks before my due date (1 week before I gave birth), I took the assessment for the class.

While on maternity leave I was told I failed.

Now, please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't fail things, especially tests. After I calmed down and accepted that I did not perform as expected, I asked why I failed. Did I completely miss the concept? Or did I just make careless errors? I asked why I failed so that when I take the assessment again, I can be prepared.

I was not, and will not, be told why I failed. I'm just told, "you failed." If you are a teacher, you are clearly seeing why my undies are in a bunch. HELLO! SCHOOL DISTRICT?! THIS IS EXACTLY HOW NOT TO DO ASSESSMENTS.

So now I am taking another long evening class this evening, and a reliable source who just took the same "revisit" class (aka the failure class) told me we learn good tips and tricks on how to pass. Again, bunched undies. To top it off, I won't be seeing my baby boy until he's sound asleep tonight - it's the longest I've been away from him and while I know he'll be completely fine, I am not. So if you see a teacher, scowling and looking sad, at a school this evening. You know why and you know that her undies are in a bunch.

1 comment:

ChiTown Girl said...

Completely and utterly ridiculous!!! My panties are in a bunch for you, too! ugh!