Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wah, wah, wah....

It's a cold and rainy day in May. The kids are all tired from the long weekend and everyone is moving around with a little bit o'bummy on their shoulder. Around mid-morning, the entire staff received an email letting us know we have a mandatory 5 minute meeting at the end of the day today. It's as if a dark storm cloud came rumbling in via the internet.

Turns out that due to budget cuts, the 2009-2010 school year will be the last year we will have a almost-year-round calendar. I suppose I knew this was coming, but there was always a glimmer of hope that our tiny, yet loved and effective program, would survive the red pen.

I wish I could be more eloquent on the subject, but right now I am just bummed out. Sort of like losing the big game at the last second.

No comments: