Tuesday, August 11, 2009

feeling blue...

Organized Chaos blogged about this article and it got me feeling blue... then my husband sent me the same article the next day with the subject line, "this is why I love you so much." Normally that kind of subject line would make me feel every color of the rainbow but blue, but I can't shake the content of the article. The author loved her job, felt purposeful, understood the great need, yet still couldn't do it. The barriers just became too much. She's not a quitter. She was beat down.

I am not thinking about leaving my profession, but it's hard not to contemplate it at times, especially in the beginning of a school year with more children, seemingly longer hours, less supplies, less money, and a baby at home.

I do love my job but on days like today, I feel like I am asked to do the impossible. Or the very very very hard. I feel like the teacher, the parent, the friend, the mentor, the guide, the grandparent... you name, I see the need and try to fill it. Our kids have huge needs and it's hard to fill all of them (or even some).

I try to remember the days when I relish this challenge. There are many, they're just not recent.

No comments: