Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A for Apple...

... 18 of my friends (2 sadly didn't come to school), three teachers, and five mothers climbed aboard a school bus this morning with 3 other classes and we drove west to a historical farm for a program all about apples. I was nervous because I was responsible for planning this trip. So many things could go wrong... busses don't show up, terrible rush hour traffic, bathroom emergencies/accidents, missing children to be found locked in a bathroom stall... (this has all happened).

With the exception of the blank stare the bus driver gave me when I handed him directions, the trip went off without a hitch. Perfect weather, no traffic (?!), fantastic chaperones, well behaved kids, and more importantly happy and engaged kids. Hooray. I don't think I've ever been on such a perfect trip. The bar is now set very high!

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa! You mean to tell me you had EIGHT adults for 18 babies!! Oh my Lord! That is awesome. I'm lucky if I can get a 10:1 ratio on my trips. Sometimes, depending on the trip, it's JUST me!! I'm jealous.

splatypus said...

I will be honest and say that normally, chaperones aren't usually my cup of tea. BUT, this time, THUMBS UP.