Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My bubble is beginning to fill back up

Today is a staff development/teacher workday, and yes, it's wonderful. Teachers get to talk and plan and bounce ideas off each other, and wear their sweats, and have 1/2 hour long doorway conversations and the drop of a hat. LOVE IT.

We had a workshop this morning where we crunched our testing data to see where we succeeded and where we struggled. Lots of numbers (my kryptonite) but they had meaning and it was interesting and worthwhile. I came away with a better understanding of what our general testing data means.

However, the best nugget of information I came away with is that while we might be struggling, if you compare us to schools in many (yes MANY) other states, we would be considered exemplary. Our state simply holds us to a much higher standard. Of course this is the standard that I hope to meet, but it feels good to know that we're not the slowest child on the playground.

No comments: