Friday, October 9, 2009

Vegetable Lasagna

I stared at the "title" box contemplating what to type... I can't quite tell if I am calm and relaxed now that 1st quarter is over, if I feel incomplete about it, or if I'm excited and revved up for my 2 week vacation, or a mix of all three? Am I allowed to blog when I have no idea what I am trying to say? Normally, when I'm in this place, I talk out loud to whomever was unlucky enough to be in my path, but it's the end of the day, the end of our second parent conference day, and with the exception of a colleague across the hall whose ear I have bent many times today, it's just me and the custodians. And they're busy.

(So what's my point? What IS my point?)

This has been a rocky quarter. I've been trying to figure out how to make a non-cohesive group cohesive. I've been trying to be more of a leader among people who have way more experience than me. I've been trying new things in the classroom but sometimes neglecting others that are important. I've been trying to let certain things just slide off my back, and also trying to make my point heard. Lots of trying.

(Still not finding my point, but at least I have a topic.)

I suppose I still can't think of a title for this post because I'm not sure how I feel about all this trying. I can honestly say I don't feel strongly that I have made any progress with the trying, but oddly, I'm not frustrated, but I'm not ambivalent. I'm just ____________.

As a good friend would say... this is very vegetable lasagna. Let's leave it at that. I am feeling very vegetable lasagna.

No comments: