Friday, December 4, 2009

Tears... the good kind.

Today was a rather squirrely Friday. My class didn't seem to have the ability to use an indoor voice at all so we were just LOUD, all day long. LOUD during morning networking, LOUD during reading workshop, LOUD during quiet story time (I know, right?!) and yes, of course, LOUD during choice time. I gave some reminders, I gave some "you know better than this," and I gave some death glares. Then I gave up. They were productive and on task, just LOUD.

During choice time, one of my sweethearts was singing "This little light of mine... I'm gonna let it shine... this little light of mine... I'm gonna let it shine..." Nostalgia waved over me. I really love that song. I immediately went to my laptop and opened i-Tunes, fully prepared to make a quick purchase. I discovered that we have a CD with that song on it so I marched over to the CD player without telling anyone what I was doing and put the song on. Almost immediately, my LOUD group of children were singing with all their hearts. I sang along and found myself tearing up a bit. We played it 3 more times.

Love them.

This little light of mine... I'm gonna let it shine...

No comments: