Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursdays...

I never get a "bad case of the Mondays," but let me tell you, I get whopping cases of the Thursdays. Holy moly. My special is in the afternoon on Thursdays which means my little lovies are with me from 8:30 - 12:25. That. Is. A. Long. Time.

What makes this a double whammy is that my kids also get a case of the Thursdays. By noon, they're whiney and restless and I'm impatient and annoyed, so by the time we are getting through the bathroom line to prepare for lunch, my head is about to snap off and they're ready to quit kindergarten. (It may not be THIS bad, but right now, in the moment, it sure feels like it.)

Today as a child repeatedly interrupted me as I was telling him to sit quietly in the hall, my brain was saying "please shut-up" and my normally solid filter ALMOST let it slip through! It came out, "please shu...shush! SHUSH! I am asking you to SHUSH." Gawd. Walk away... walk away...

Here's to Friday. Always better than Thursday.

2 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

Ooooh, I've had that almost slip out before too. I might have actually gotten through some of it and then did the awkward change up on it. Like "shut....... your mouths." Not much better, but no parents called to complain. The kids gave me the big eye for a moment. jan

S. said...

My class is insane on Thursdays. I think it's because we have half days every Wednesday for PD, so their whole routine is out of whack. My aide and I have a deal, that neither one of us can be out on "Wacky Thursday".