Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Traditional Blue

I'm not sure if all school districts do this, but when our kids have picture day, so do we. I don't know any teacher that has opted to buy a photo package with the country brook in the background, or the disco lights like my husband's 8th grade photo (still hysterical!) but we always receive a sheet of our mug with the traditional blue background. Every year I stick it with the previous year's photos... this morning I received this year's in my mailbox and had my annual self-discussion, "what could I do with these?"

Now I have the answer!

They are the PERFECT reference for hairstyle. I can lay them all out on my desk and go back and say "good hair" or "bad hair" or "wtf hair?!" And now I have a photo to give my hairdresser that's not a celebrity with an unattainable 'do (you know, the Meg Ryan haircut that looks so effortless that actually takes a team of stylists to create?). It's me, and my hair, in traditional blue...

3 comments:

kiri8 said...

I toss mine. I used to give one to my honey, one to my parents, and then toss, but now? Just toss. Each year I look older and older, and more and more jowly.

And seriously, I DON'T look like that in the mirror. It's some sort of weird Dorian Grey thing with the school pics.

Angela said...

How about you scan the pics and post them on your blog so WE can compare your hairstyles! :-)

ChiTown Girl said...

I like Angela's idea!!

I used to always give one to my parents, and maybe my siblings, then I'd give one to my son to put in his wallet when he was younger. But, for the past 5 years or so, I just keep putting them in a file in my file cabinet. I don't know what the hell I'm saving them for...