Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Released!

I had a training to attend this afternoon and because our county is so big they made start time later than normal to ensure everyone made it on time. The training was less than 15 minutes away from my school. The substitute showed up for the half-day at 11:20, I departed at 11:30 and found myself with a bit over an hour to kill.

B-L-I-S-S.

Guess what I did?

I went to Borders AND BOUGHT BOOKS!
I went OUT TO LUNCH!
I treated myself to AN ICE CREAM CONE, in the MIDDLE OF THE DAY!

I found myself among those normal professionals... those people who get to leave their office if and when they please, those people that can soak up the sunshine during work hours, those people that talk with other adults over a leisurely lunch.

Wow. It was nice.

1 comment:

Kstack said...

Good for you! You deserve it!