Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Choo-Choo

At home, my son is obsessed with choo-choos. He has some plastic trains in his bath - choo choo! He has a puzzle with a train - choo choo! He has a book with a train on it - choo choo! And, his toothpaste has Thomas the Tank Engine emblazoned on the front - choo choo! (Thanks Orajel). He finds a way to locate all of his choo choos in a matter of moments so all I hear in my head is his little adorable voice saying "choo choos, choo choos." Which, incidentally is close to the same sound for his shoes. That can make for miscommunication in the morning.

But, back to the point.

After a choo choo filled morning, I come to school and I still feel like a choo choo, I mean a train. Chugging up the May Testing Hill. I think we can, I think we can... some days are better than others, and yesterday we had a glorious triumphant day when a kiddo, who all of a sudden seem to lose the ability to identify his sight words, nailed the test after two weeks of daily intervention. I KNOW we can, I KNOW we can...

Tomorrow I will be able to complete one of our year-end assessments and add up all the scores. Hopefully that train will go into the station solidly successful. Then I'll hop on the next one.

Chugga chugga choo choo.

No comments: