We still don't know who our new principal will be for the next school year and the waiting is getting excruciating. I await in anticipation to be told that our fabulous A.P. was chosen (HIP HIP HOORAY) while at the same time await with dread to be told Mr./Mrs. Outsider was chosen (BOOOOOOOOOOOOO). Fair aren't I? I promise to be professional and supportive to our new boss, but since I don't know who that is, I've decided I can act like a 5 year old until the announcement.
My kids are doing great, rock-stars actually while we wind down the year. I've been out of the room a ridiculous number of days and I keep returning to fabulous notes from the substitutes. No joke, some tears will be shed when I say good-bye to this group. They're just a fantastic bunch of kids.
My mind is on the piles of paperwork I will finish today (another day out of the room) and on my impending vacation. Since we've lost our beloved modified calendar, I have 2 1/2 months in front of me... that's a whole lot of down time for someone who sucks at down time. So, of course, I am making a list. I am making a list of how to relax. Silly, no?
- Yoga! I've been taking a weekly yoga class here at school and am now excited to take it twice a week at my fabo-gym. I think a yoga class in an actual studio is going to be incredible. By the way, if you haven't discovered yoga yet, what are you waiting for?!!
- Actually visit my fabo-gym.
- Clean the house as it gets dirty, not waiting for the Dirtcalypse to hit.
- Do laundry as it gets dirty, not waiting for the entire family to be our of undies.
- Make lovely meals for lunch and dinner.
- Have lunch dates on my patio.
- Teach my kiddo to blow bubbles in the water. (Right now, he drinks it).
- Read 2 books a week.
- Rearrange the kitchen cabinets.
- Go into the city to have lunch dates with the hubby.
- Plan play dates with other teacher friends.
- Keep my gardens up and running... no more drive-by weeding and watering.
- There must be more?? No way will this list last me until Labor Day.
Okay, enough with planning my relaxation, must tackle paperwork first. Onward!