Thursday, October 28, 2010

Why I am allowed in the building some days, I do not know.

Today is Book Character Day and while I have issues with it in general (if it's NOT Halloween, DON'T schedule it at Halloween, etc etc) I have been giggling by butt off all morning.

Why you ask?

A colleague dressed up as Ramona Quimby.

What's so funny about Ramona Quimby you ask?

Well, this Ramona Quimby is pregnant.

Ramona Quimby, Age 16. HA!
Ramona the Bravely Rebellious. HA! HA!
Ramona, the girl who took the wrong path. HA! HA! HA!
Hey Ramona, did Henry do that to you?!

You get the picture.

I can't stop. CAN'T STOP.

Somehow I think Beverly Cleary wouldn't find me so funny, but I think I am.

4 comments:

Mrs. Hicks@hicks-thealphabetgarden.blogspot said...

THAT is funny-they have to see some of this coming! I think the younger the grade we teach the more warped our sense of humor truly is! Survival...

I am enjoying your blog and will keep coming back!

jwg said...

I think Ms. Cleary might well find it funny. it takes a certain sense of humor to write the Ramona books in the first place. How about "Ramona and Henry take Lamaze Class"?

ChiTown Girl said...

tee hee hee!! LOVE IT!

I would have dressed as Junie B. Jones, I think. :)

Wendy S. said...

Just stumbled across your blog.....and I have laughed myself into *tears* over this post!

I, too, don't like the whole "we can't celebrate the holiday so we'll call it something else but really still do the same thing" concept but this one would have made it all worth the while.

Picture please.