Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Need Book Advice!


Can anyone recommend a good read aloud for kinders about buying goods at a store? It doesn't need to be obvious (I'd like to stay away from, "Rosa goes to a store to buy apples." Boring.)

I'm having a hard time brainstorming.

My kids have been making beautiful treasures with crafty scraps and later this week we will price them (everything 10 cents and under!) and then buy and sell in our classroom store. I'd love a great book recommendation to support our activity.

3 comments:

Lori said...

I do not have a book suggestion, but I do recommend the Brain Pop Jr. "Goods and Services" video. It is not a freebie, so you have to belong in order to view it. I think you can get a free trial. It is really a worthwhile investment. My children LOVE Brain Pop!

splatypus said...

Thanks Lori! I actually have a log-in for BrainPop Jr. that i often forget about. Great little video.

Kstack said...

5. Don't Forget the Bacon!
by Pat Hutchins

Don't Forget the Oatmeal!: A Supermarket Word Book, Featuring Jim Henson's Sesame Street Muppets
by B G Ford