Monday, October 24, 2011

Looking for the humor...

Depending on the day, my mood, the weather, you name it, I will give you a different answer if things are on the upswing with our needier kinder kids.

Friday was a good day, and even though I had to accompany a colleague carrying a screaming child to the office, I would admit, the screaming is less frequent (still daily, but less frequent). Another special friend spent his lunch crawling around the carpet roaring like a T-Rex causing his classroom teacher to miss her own lunch, again. Other special things happened that I don't have the energy to share with you. On Friday, I laughed a lot with my colleagues and looked for humor in everything. I mean, how can you not laugh about a child who spends his entire day being a puppy or a T-Rex? He's having a good time, why can't we?

Today, at 9:15 a.m., I am currently barricaded in a classroom because another special friend has been trying to run out. The classroom teacher has already broken out in a sweat trying to get this child to stay in the classroom safely, and teach her other students. She said, "I'm too old for this." I told her her pay scale is too low for this. I'm not seeing the humor today.

No comments: